What a day!
I am so glad to be back "home"!
When we left for Church services this morning it was a nice, sunny day. We took the underground to a train station, then the train to Apsley where services were being held. When we got off the train it was cold and raining. We had the rain cover for Isaac's stroller and I had a light jacket with a hood, but Aron had nothing. He got the most wet.
As soon as we exited the train we saw a Allen, a man from Church, and he led us to the Apsley Community Center where services were being held. He took us for a nice walk down the canal. It would have been much nicer if the weather had not been so gloomy, but it was still neat to see the houseboats and the locks in the canal. We saw one houseboat for sale at the price of 36,000 pounds. We made an offer and are waiting to hear back. Just kidding!
We heard a really great sermon by Mr. Rod King about our conscience. I missed the last 15 minutes due to Isaac waking up and wanting to make noise. I also missed the songs and Aron saying the opening prayer because I was putting Isaac to sleep. But I got to hear most of the sermon which is always a wonderful thing.
After the sermon we had a break and then they were giving a Leadership class followed by a dinner which we didn't stay for. One of us wouldn't have been able to listen to the Leadership class because I know that Isaac would not have been quiet for another hour or more so we visited for awhile and then made our way back to the train station. Right across from the train station was a brewery so we stopped there for dinner. We ordered fish and chips which took forever to get to our table. Isaac was really acting up so we only got to eat half of our dinner before I had had enough and decided to leave. They were really good fish and chips too. I guess parenting is all about sacrifice. But why does it have to be the fish and chips?
We got home at 7pm, wet and worn out. Isaac was VERY dirty.....if you know what I mean. So dirty he required a quick bath. His pants are soaking now. :)
Tomorrow we want to see the Tower of London so hopefully the weather AND Isaac will cooperate.
Aron and I had an interesting conversation with Mrs. King, the ministers wife, about Britain's lack of customer service. When you walk into a store no one ever greets you or asks if you are finding everything okay. Only once in almost 4 weeks has a cashier made conversation with me. They act as if they would rather NOT have your business. Mrs. King is Australian and has only been in the UK for 2 years and thinks it's just part of British culture. They aren't being rude. I think they only offer the customer what is necessary.
We are now into week 4! It's really going to fly by now.
It's past 10pm now. That's 22:00 according to the clock by my bed. All of our clocks are in military time. I don't like it when math is required just to tell the time.
Good night! We hope for an enjoyable day tomorrow with sun and no fussiness....from Isaac OR me. :)
We love you!
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment