Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day 28- August 14, 2008

Hello Family and Friends!

I hope you are all happy and in good health. I certainly have nothing to complain about and I'm trying to cut back anyways. So even if I did have something to complain about I would bite my tongue. But I guess then I would have a sore tongue to complain about.
Anyways....This week has been pretty uneventful. Aron goes to work, gets home about 5 or 6, we eat dinner, entertain Isaac ( sometimes he entertains us), then go to bed. There have been periods of rain for the past several days. Yesterday the weather man described the day as "filthy". That's a bit harsh, but it was....yucky? This morning was very nice. Isaac and I went for a walk in the morning and I got some coffee. After he woke up from his first nap we walked to Hyde Park which is right next to Buckingham Palace. It's quite a large park and they have a lot of concerts and events there. We didn't walk through very much of it, but Isaac got out and played. He thought he was on trash patrol and was his duty to pick up every piece of trash he saw. He succeeded. Then he thought he would see what leaves taste like. By the look on his face the verdict was "not so tasty". But I'm sure he'll forget and try again another time.
After Hyde Park we went to St. James's Park and he ran around there as well. It's much prettier and cleaner.
Now we're back home and he's taking his second nap of the day. We got home just in time because it is now pouring with rain. Aron should get off work in another hour so hopefully it will be finished by then so he doesn't get soaking wet on his walk home.

This Sunday we are taking the train to Banbury, near Oxford, to see another of my Aunt's and a cousin. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. When my family would visit we always spent a lot of time in Banbury because that is where my Grandma lived before she died in 2006. It is also where my parents got married almost 44 years ago.
For now our trip to Edinburgh is on hold. The train tickets are 100 pounds each and we don't want to spend that much. We would also have the cost of a hotel, food, and whatever activities we wanted to do. We were really looking forward to going, but we estimated it would probably cost close to 500 pounds ($1,000) and decided against it.

Thank you for thinking of us.
We love you!

No comments: