Hello family and friends!
We hope you all had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed whatever it was that kept you busy.
My 10 year high school reunion was this past weekend, but obviously I couldn't make it. At least I had a good excuse.
We enjoyed our weekend and certainly wore ourselves out! This walking everywhere is taking it's tole on my feet. The blister on my heel is screaming in agreement.
Yesterday we walked across Westminster bridge and rode on the London Eye. We left our apartment at 9:45 without putting Isaac down for a nap thinking he would fall asleep on the walk over there. But of course he didn't. That would have been too easy. He didn't fall asleep until 12pm on our walk back home. So he was a little cranky until then. We got in line for the Eye which moves very fast because each pod fits 25 people inside. It keeps moving and you have to jump on and off. The ride takes 3o minutes and we got a great view of the City. I wish I knew what everything was that we were seeing. We had to try to keep Isaac occupied because he was wandering around the whole time mingling with everyone in our pod. There was a 15 month old girl there also and he enjoyed smiling at her and touching her head.
After that we had lunch at Chopsticks Chinese Restaurant. It was a buffet and you use the same plate each time you go through the line. I thought that was just odd enough to add it in here. And of course after a Chinese buffet you must follow it up with ice cream so that's what we did. We all 3 had some very yummy ice cream and ate it right by the Thames River.
Because we were feeling so adventurous and wanted to take advantage of Aron's day off from work, we decided to walk to Buckingham Palace. Aron hadn't seen it yet so we walked through the Park to the Palace. I'm sure the Queen had a lot going on or else surely she would have invited us in. It wasn't as crowded as it is during the day and we could actually get up close to the fence. By that time we were so exhausted and we headed home. It was only 1:30, but we were ready for bed. I took Isaac to the park in the evening while Aron stayed home and rested and then I put Isaac to bed at 7:30 and he slept until 6:30 this morning!
Today we don't have much planned. We'll see what happens. Isaac is taking a nap now and should wake up any minute.
Love to you all!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment