Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 5- July 22, 2008

This is getting out a little late, but better late than never. It is now Wednesday morning, but this is the day we had yesterday.

Good morning! It's 2:36 in the afternoon and Isaac is napping. I think he's getting back on his normal schedule. He slept much better last night and didn't wake up at all from 12am to 5am.
I took him for a walk to Westminster Abbey. We didn't go inside, but he played in the garden outside. We also saw Big Ben and the London Eye. That's the big round thing that looks like a ferris wheel. AND...someone actually asked ME for directions! I was so flattered. They didn't speak English but I hope I was of some help. I got out my handy pocket map and showed them where we were and showed them where Buckingham Palace was. That's what they were trying to see.

My niece, Jessy, gave me 7 letters to open while I'm here. They each have a day of the week on the outside of the envelope and that is when I'm to open them. I opened Monday's yesterday and in the letter she told me to list 10 things I will miss about London. When I read that I immediately thought of things I will NOT miss. How pessimistic of me. So in order to complete my assignment I will include my list of 10 things I will miss about London and just for fun I will also include 10 things I will NOT miss about London.
Thanks Jessy!

Ten things I will miss about London:
1. The quality of the food. Everything seems so natural and fresh. Most products are organic which we try to buy at home, but are so much more expensive.
2. Penguins. These are the yummiest bisquits (cookies). A penguin has 2 chocolate bisquits with a chocolate layer in the middle and the whole thing is covered in chocolate. We've had one every day since we've arrived. My mom always brought these back for us when she would come for visits. We'll have to return the favor. Although I know penguins aren't her favorite.
3. The convenience of walking everywhere. So many things are within walking distance. If we had a car we would rarely use it.
4. The shower heads. They are so much fun. They're removable so you can take them off and rinse off your whole body without having to squirm around.
5. The weather. It has been perfect so far. It is in the 50's in the morning and 70's in the afternoon. It has only sprinkled once. We've been very fortunate.
6. The accents. They're just pretty.
7. Seeing all of the famous landmarks and attractions every day. It's amazing to be able to walk 15 minutes and see sights like Buckingham Palace and Big Ben.
8. Being surrounded by so much history.
9. The cleaning lady who comes once a week.
10. The use of the word "jolly". People say that all the time. "Jolly good"!


And here is my own personal negative little list of things I will NOT miss about London:
1. Miniature everything! Doorways, showers, washing machines, sidewalks
2. Aron's commute to work. It takes him an hour each way on the underground and light rail.

Well, I guess I'm not as negative as I first thought. My positive list is longer than my negative list. I'm happy to see that.

When Aron got off work Isaac and I met him at the underground station and went to dinner at an Italian restaraunt at the Cardinal Shopping Center. He had a calzone and I had pizza which I shared with Isaac.
Love to you all,
Heather

No comments: